Friday, November 12, 2010

Change is in the air

I feel a change in the air.  Maybe it's this California weather finally cooling down or maybe I'm just getting bored.  I tend to do that alot.  Change my mind from one activity to another.  First it was scrapbooking, that didn't last long at all!  I only have 1 complete scrapbook finished and I have 3 kids!  Then came making custom invitations.  Which I stopped since I've found sooo many great graphic designers on etsy.  Here's one of my favs http://www.etsy.com/shop/GoodFrau?section_id=7358940.  Then there's the bow making.  Mind you that I love doing this and seeing girls wear my creations except a problem has peeped it's little head up...my hand hurts.  After 3 years of bow making my hand is beginning to develop arthritis.  So what to do now?  Stop bow making?  No... but I do need to change things up.  I've always enjoyed creating things whether it be Halloween costumes or birthday party decorations I love to create!  But I love to create things handmade especially.  No kits, just from scratch.  I guess you can say I have a 'love Jones for all things handmade.'  So I'm expanding my business.  The name Sew Bowtiful (current bow business name) will be changed.  I've decided to create a shop thats geared toward what I do and that's CREATE!  I may have cards, bows, jewelry, home decor who knows?  But I do know that I need to keep my options open because that's who I am and that's what I love to do.  Someone once told me (when I was in a creative slump), "never lose your motivation to create, it's what you do, it's who you are, and it's one of the reasons why I fell in love with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment